Every wanted to be playing… ‘Nothing’? Now you can with this small hack. Just follow the steps below to be on your way to in-game name falsification!
- Firstly, open Steam. Press Add non-steam game…
- Browse your computer for a simple exe which you can stand running in the background. For example, notepad or maybe even an application that runs in the tray.Important: This application will need to be run while you want the name displayed.
- The program you selected will now be in your steam game list. Now to start the falsification!
Right click the program and press Properties
- Change the first text box to anything you like. (Make sure the target and start in are left the same)
E.g. “Your Mum” or “Nothing” (without the quotes). Press OK.
- Now run the program. Your steam name will be classified as ‘In non steam game’ but underneath will be the text you chose in step 4.